We all know that heart disease affects people of all ages and races, and it is the leading cause of death for both men and women. Here, there are eight simple things that people should know about their heart health.
1. Remove the white colour from your plate. It may be a potato, rice, bread or pasta. Replace these white foods with colourful beets, green vegetables, salads etc. Keeping the focus on colours in your plate would help you.
2. The appropriate portion of cheese is the size of a pair of dice. One or half cup of vegetables is a good portion of a meal. Try to limit carbohydrate intake in your body. Try to avoid wafers, cookies or the candies.
3. Exercising is very important and easier than you think. All you have to do is walk just for about 30 minutes daily.
4. Poor sleep is associated with an increased risk of overall cardiovascular disease.
5. Taking a vitamin supplement is probably not as helpful as getting nutrients from natural food items.
6. Practice mindful eating by slowing down and eliminating distractions. You should try to eat without TV, laptop and smartphone.
7. Students and young working persons may feel they are at a disadvantage for preparing healthful meals having small kitchens, limited time and funds. They should take advantage of a microwave or a toaster.