Securities and Exchange Board of India, the market regulator of equities and mutual funds, has put in place certain responsibilities for you as an aware mutual fund investor. Here, we are talking about these top seven responsibilities.
1. Read all the scheme information documents carefully. Take time before any investment.
2. Check if the investment objectives and risk profile of the fund are aligned with your goals.
3. Be aware of all the expenses that include the fund management fee, Taxes, and other operational costs.
4. Ask the distributor about the suitability of the scheme that is being recommended to your mutual fund portfolio.
5. Understand the entire fee structure.
6. Provide correct contact details to receive updates from the fund institution or trust.
7. Provide your accurate bank account details to the fund institution for timely receipt of dividends.