Achievements / Initiatives
· Major landmark achievement in National Project of Kashmir –
· State of Meghalaya and capital of Arunachal Pradesh to be on Railway Map by this fiscal.
· Gauge Conversion of strategically important 510 km Rangiya – Murkongselek line in Assam to be completed by this fiscal.
· XIth Five Year Plan Targets exceeded in New Lines (2,207 km) , Doubling (2,758 km) and Electrification (4,556 km), Production of Diesel (1,288) & Electrical (1,218) Locos and Acquisition of Wagons (64,875)
· Dedicated Freight Corridors on the Eastern and Western Routes – leading to strategically critical capacity augmentation.
· Railways met from its own means the total additional impact of Rs one lakh crore due to implementation of 6th Pay Commission
· In 2013-14, 1532 km of New Lines, Doubling and Gauge Conversion commissioned.
· Production commenced at the new factories – Rail Wheel Plant, Chhapra ; Rail Coach Factory, Rae Bareli ; and Diesel Component Factory, Dankuni.
· Specially designed coaches for adverse weather condition for rail travel in Kashmir.
· Successful development of Corrosion resistant, lighter wagons with higher pay-load and speed potential upt 100kmph.
· Railways sportspersons dominate national events by winning titles in 23 disciplines and runners up in 9 disciplines. In various international championships a total of 2 Gold, 4 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals won.
· Unigauge Policy started in 1992 has converted 19,214 km to Broad Gauge, benefitting several States including Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Assam and Tamil Nadu.