New Delhi: Former President Pranab Mukherjee has said that he was overwhelmed by a deep sense of gratitude to the people of India for the trust and confidence they reposed in him. He was humbled by their kindness and affection. He stated that he had received much more from the country than he had given.
He was speaking on Monday at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on the eve of demitting office as the 13th President of India.
President congratulated and extended a warm welcome to Ram Nath Kovind, the new President and wished him success and happiness in the years to come.
Pranab said that in Rashtrapati Bhavan, he tried to build a humane and happy township. He stated that in last five years he learnt from his travels across the length and breadth of the country. He learnt from his conversations with young and bright minds in colleges and universities, scientists, innovators, scholars, jurists, authors, artists and leaders from across the spectrum. These interactions kept him focused and inspired.
- President Pranab Mukherjee Addresses His Farewell Ceremony...
- PM Modi Presents Memento To President Pranab Mukherjee On Farewell…
- President, PM At Ceremony To Release Photo Book "President Pranab Mukherjee - A Statesman"
- Pranab Mukherjee Dedicates Metro Phase-I Project To Bengaluru
- President Pranab Mukherjee Visits Sri Kamakshi Amman Temple And Sri Sankara Mutt